Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Back to school promotions start tomorrow. Apple would never release a new product in-store without any fanfare on the same day a big promotion starts. That "big box" may be real but I can guarantee you it won't have any fancy new earth shattering product in it.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Thanks for absolutely no proof of anything, no evidence of anything, and using a tactic that was proven to be a lie before the iPhone 3G came out.
This sounds so similar to someone in another thread who was talking about how the iPhone will be 4G ready next year. (or did he say this year?)

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
It's coming.

If you're only referring to the back to school promotion, who cares? It's irrelevant to a majority of the people on this board, and there are probably only a few eligible people on MR that will actually take advantage of the deal.

I thought you were hinting at something bigger like the new iphone, not a yearly promo which we all knew would be happening within the next week :p

Nor*Cal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Irvine, CA
If you're only referring to the back to school promotion, who cares? It's irrelevant to a majority of the people on this board, and there are probably only a few eligible people on MR that will actually take advantage of the deal.

I thought you were hinting at something bigger like the new iphone, not a yearly promo which we all knew would be happening within the next week :p
This whole thread, I have been saying back to school. I never said anything else!

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future

ummmm......Read the title?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
This whole thread, I have been saying back to school. I never said anything else!

Haha...Still scratching head? On simply a historical note, May would seem early given that the first week of June seems to be the established norm in recent memory... But I'm still scratching my head...

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
Nice job Nor*Cal!

What worries me now is that probably the UMB won't be updated soon because they probably aren't in their secretive box at Apple stores.:(

thewireman

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
Michigan
Ha ha this is a great forum. Sure everybody who doubted you really got owned. Good Job!

And I've notice that Apple updated the White Macbook too...

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for absolutely no proof of anything, no evidence of anything, and using a tactic that was proven to be a lie before the iPhone 3G came out.

haha you are quite a skeptic huh. Isn't this like the 10th rumor you have come out and flatly said would be wrong only to be pawned the next day.

I'm starting to wonder if you do this on purpose. Just deny everything because its more fun denying then just saying oh ok...sounds cool. If thats not what you do, you are getting yourself a horrible track record of distinguishing between true and false rumors.

just very funny....

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
haha you are quite a skeptic huh. Isn't this like the 10th rumor you have come out and flatly said would be wrong only to be pawned the next day.
It's so true! and he always brags about his "track record". The only thing he's ever been right about was the new processors in the Mac Pros, and EVERYONE knew what those would be. Geesh. He always states his suspicions as fact, yet never turns out to be right... It's pretty comical I guess.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Great, so those idiots can leave me alone now.

No... You still confused me with this whole job thingy?
How's that humble pie?
That quote was in reference to the Best Buy hardware link. Clearly my most recent post of noting that historically the first week of June is when to Back to School normally starts proves that I was assumptive of other things.

Now, you have to remember, making claims with no evidence here is risky. You WILL get eaten alive. BUT, you made a good call, took the abuse and it paid off.
Nor*Cal had proof. I just got lost by the job thing. I was not one of the "idi*ts" that questioned the actual date...only some of the illogicalness that occurred in the side bar with akarondi.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It's so true! and he always brags about his "track record". The only thing he's ever been right about was the new processors in the Mac Pros, and EVERYONE knew what those would be. Geesh. He always states his suspicions as fact, yet never turns out to be right... It's pretty comical I guess.

A little evidence to support this would be nice. I've already explained to you why I'm so pessimistic, so either you've forgotten or you've chosen not to care. If the latter is true, then I don't really care about your responses, either.

Unprocessed1

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2008
A little evidence to support this would be nice. I've already explained to you why I'm so pessimistic, so either you've forgotten or you've chosen not to care. If the latter is true, then I don't really care about your responses, either.

Not to mention he said the promotion would be LEAKED not announced. Can't the OP be fired by Apple for this as well? Not worth it to leak the back to school promo imo.

Btw, why would someone be an idiot for questioning whether the promotion would begin in May? It's always started in June, and the OP's description and evidence were shady at best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.