Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zenja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2009
I need some help.
I ordered my macbook online in the UK the 25th of May (I had no other chance). I'm done with my studies and moving from uni so I had to do it in order to use the student discount. I just check the Apple store and saw that if I had bought my macbook on the 28th I could have got a free ipod. Is there any chance I can still get it? I don't think so since I should have purchased the mac on or after the 29th of May. I'm so upset!!!

zenja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Ok I will give them a call tomorrow. Do you know if they request a copy of my student card when I will ask my money back? I could not find any thing about that on the Apple store website. It will be really sweet if I can benefit from the back to school offer. I just hope they really refund me if they say ''ok you can do it''. As a student I don't have so much money...

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
Ok I will give them a call tomorrow. Do you know if they request a copy of my student card when I will ask my money back? I could not find any thing about that on the Apple store website. It will be really sweet if I can benefit from the back to school offer. I just hope they really refund me if they say ''ok you can do it''. As a student I don't have so much money...

If you are a uni. student in the UK, your card shouldn't expire untill September, so even if they ask you for the card, you should be safe. However, if your card already expired, then i think there is a risk. and if i was you i will ask somebody else to call and just check what is there policy (you don't want them to be suspicious, though some agents are very nice and they just want to sell apple products at any cost).

zenja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2009
If you are a uni. student in the UK, your card shouldn't expire untill September, so even if they ask you for the card, you should be safe. However, if your card already expired, then i think there is a risk. and if i was you i will ask somebody else to call and just check what is there policy (you don't want them to be suspicious, though some agents are very nice and they just want to sell apple products at any cost).

Yeah I'm at uni and my card is still working until September so no problem on this side.
I will get my macbook end of this week (according to the tracking of Apple). I could ask for a refund of my current macbook and order a new one + the Ipod. The problem is that I really need my macbook asap (I'm flying in Shanghai for one year the 15th of June). If I order a new one, ask for refund... I'm not sure I will have the macbook on time. What do you think?

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
Yeah I'm at uni and my card is still working until September so no problem on this side.
I will get my macbook end of this week (according to the tracking of Apple). I could ask for a refund of my current macbook and order a new one + the Ipod. The problem is that I really need my macbook asap (I'm flying in Shanghai for one year the 15th of June). If I order a new one, ask for refund... I'm not sure I will have the macbook on time. What do you think?

This another issue. you will need to give it at least 2 weeks for the new laptop to arrive (i mean the one with the ipod) adding to that the time to receive the one you already ordered, cancelling it and then return it. if you are tight in time, just keep the laptop, as you will need a bit iftime to test it (to make sure it is not faulty). and by the way it is not free ipod! if you go for the cheapest ipod, you will require to pay extra £20 for it!

zenja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Ok I think I will just let it go. It's too much troubles for a ipod touch. Of course it would be great to have one... I will keep the money to buy an iphone when I will really need one.
Anyway thanks for your help!
Cheers.

u49aa2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2008
Between Heaven and Hell
Ok I think I will just let it go. It's too much troubles for a ipod touch. Of course it would be great to have one... I will keep the money to buy an iphone when I will really need one.
Anyway thanks for your help!
Cheers.

Welcome and hope you enjoy your new machine (i am sure you will :D)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.