Back to school

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Samtb, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

When do Apple normally start the back to school promo?

2. StarStrike macrumors member

I've been wondering the same thing. It normally begins on Jul 1-2. People were speculating today (seeing as it happens on the first Tuesday of the month), but we haven't seen anything yet. I'm starting to question whether the promo still exists...?

3. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

All we have to go by is that Apple launched a BTS promotion in Australia and New Zealand in January of this year, which is leading to belief that the promotion still exists and Apple have just been distracted by the launch of Apple Music. It usually hits at 1PM PT.

4. StarStrike macrumors member

Yeah you're right about the Australia and NZ BTS deals. I just skimmed through the previous year's MR posts and it seems most of the time it is launched overnight? Most of the MR articles are posted early in the morning (eg 1am rather than pm).

I guess we will just have to wait and see. Already waited this long.... Definitely will need to buy in the next month.

5. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

I would have thought BTS is managed by retail rather than whoever are doing music.

6. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

Well it seems as if BTS has been put on the back burner this year (as it has been delayed quite significantly compared to previous years) so the focus on a large, important product launch would make sense in terms of taking up marketing/retail team time.

7. StarStrike macrumors member

No kidding...it would be good if there was at least some indication that it isn't happening this year. Then at least you can make a decision and move on.

8. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

If it doesn't come in the next week or so I'll probably just wait for the Skylake rMBP. It's starting to get to the point where I'm considering holding fire and making do with my iMac for the time being considering the advancements in connectivity and I/O that Skylake will bring.

9. StarStrike macrumors member

Skylake, from my understanding, likely won't be available on a Mac till at least 2016. It would be a mighty long wait at this point. Though, I'd consider it too if my current MBP wasn't chained to the wall....after 6 years the battery has basically given out haha.

10. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't think we'll see skylake Mbps until at least January.

11. Samtb thread starter macrumors 65816

Maybe they're replacing the store card with a 1 year subscription to Apple music.