back to school

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrFusion, Jul 1, 2008.

1. MrFusion macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone,

Anyone knows when the back to school can be expected to start in the netherlands, if at all?

Thanks

2. MrFusion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry for asking this again, but did this promo start over here? I just checked the online american store and the dutch store, but I don't see the back to school promo splattered all over the screen. If it is running here, where am I supposed to find information about it?

3. tompon1923 macrumors 6502

tompon1923

glad you asked, (Ik ben ook Nederlands). In the left upper corner you see a button that says Store voor het onderwijs (below koop een Mac etc) , if you click on that you have to fill in your school info and you get a 5% discount or something. Personally I never tried it but it is worth a shot. (I don't want to reply in Dutch because English is the main language here, might result in a possible ban or warning)

4. MrFusion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, but that is just the ordinary educational store. Two years ago, we had an promo where we got am iPod for cheap (~30 euros) when we bought a mac. They have something similar every year in the states. But I just don't see it anywhere. Last time it came as a rebate, but the promo was promoted on the frontpage of the educational store. Or am I misremembering things?
    Well, at least is a 100 euro discount with the educational store in any case, but a cheap iPod touch would be nice.

5. tompon1923 macrumors 6502

tompon1923

oh yeah, remember again I wasn't in the market for a mac back then. Totally agree with you. Sometimes independent apple retailers make there own discounts and sales. For which mac are you in de market?

6. MrFusion thread starter macrumors 6502a

should I take the video card upgrade?

iMac 24" 2.8 GHz that will double as a TV (elgato extension).
    500 GB HD
    I will upgrade the memory myself (much cheaper).
    wireless keyboard.
    wireless trackball (third party)
    Not sure if I will take the video card upgrade.
    .mac

The only thing I need the computational power for is programming and data analysis. I don't do image processing. I don't think I will need the NVIDIA upgrade.

I would also like to have an iPod Touch for the internet connection.

I wanted to buy weeks ago, but I was hoping for the iPod promo.

I am really looking forward to get my hands on Leopard and the new xCode.