Back to school

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joshellis625, Apr 30, 2010.

1. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I have read a bunch of topics on the back to school promotion but I have a question that I can't seem to find a proper answer to.

What exactly do I benefit from by waiting until the promotion to purchase a new laptop? If I'm just going to get a free iPod Touch or something then I don't think I will wait because I have an iPhone 3GS and a perfectly functional 5.5G iPod but is there some sort of discount also so I could get my education discount AND a back to school discount?

Price - Education Discount - Back to School Discount = Final Price?
    or
    Price - Education Discount + Free iPod Touch?

*When I say iPod Touch I just mean whatever they decide to hand out this year.*

2. iSax1234 macrumors regular

The education discount is offered to teachers and college students. The education discount is available all year around. The back to school promotion just offers a free ipod along with the education discount. So really the only thing you gain by waiting is a free ipod touch.

3. joshellis625 thread starter macrumors 6502

joshellis625

Ok thanks so just to clarify, there is no further monetary discount to buying under the back to school promotion? Can you opt for a rebate instead of the iPod Touch and say get another $200 in upgrades on your laptop?

4. FocusAndEarnIt macrumors 601

FocusAndEarnIt

No further monetary discount.

No to the upgrades. Applicable iPods only.