Back to shool deal question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XFacta82, Jun 3, 2008.

1. XFacta82 macrumors member

So do I have to purchase both items from an Apple Store or can I go to a authorized reseller such as Best Buy?

2. illidian macrumors 6502

You must go through Apple. Either their online store or a physical Apple Store will suffice.

3. XFacta82 thread starter macrumors member

To qualify for a rebate, can I buy my new computer from any store that carries Apple products?

No. Rebate offers are valid only when you purchase your qualifying products from a qualifying retailer as specified in the Terms and Conditions of the rebate. To find an Apple Authorized Reseller or Apple Retail Store location near you, visit www.apple.com/buy or call 1-800-MY-APPLE. For information regarding a rebate or to learn the status of your rebate request, please visit www.apple.com/promo or call 877-427-5776.

When I did a search on apple.com for an authorized apple reseller is showed me that Best Buy was one of them. Are you sure it has to be through the apple store?

4. illidian macrumors 6502

It appears that I'm wrong then, in that case I'm sorry. Can anyone confirm this?

Amazon, if I recall correctly, has the best price for the MacBooks, if you can indeed do this.

5. mzd macrumors 6502a

from apple.com
    best buy, etc. do not qualify. they don't normally qualify for the edu discount either, regardless of the promo.

6. illidian macrumors 6502

That was my logic as well - there's no education discount unless you go to Apple.