Back to snow leopard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by guanqi, Dec 2, 2011.

1. guanqi macrumors newbie

How can I downgrade from Lion to snow leopard?

Thanks guys!

2. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

3. NJMacJunky macrumors member

Looking for downgrade instructions as well

I have a 2008 MacBook aluminum, I have had nothing but issues since installing Lion, I want to revert back to Leopard. My computer is SOOO slow now!

4. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

I have an Early 2008 MBP 4.1, 2.4Ghz C2D and have no intention of upgrading to Lion for this very reason, Lion is fine on the far faster iCore Mac`s. Both my Air (i5) and MBP 8.2 i7 2.4 breeze Lion with no issues. The last of the "Classic" MacBook Pro`s are best left on Snow Leopard, time to dig out your original OS X disk`s and the Snow Leopard, although the upgrade disk is all you really need, to get the job done ;)

5. Takashi macrumors regular

Just pop SL installation DVD into your drive and boot from it. Reformat the HD and dump SL back into it.

It's quite funny that prior to the release of Lion, most macs will come with Mac OSX installation DVD & time machine yet most users don't seem to know what they are for. I guess only PC users know the art of system recovery.

6. Nameci macrumors 68000

Nameci

I am on an early 2008 black macbook and currently on Lion. Upgrade your ram to 4GB if you haven't done it yet. I have not experienced any slow down at all. I have an SSD as well as my system drive.

7. visim91 macrumors 6502

Yes, I have the aluminum MacBook as well and it runs fine on Lion, granted I had to upgrade the RAM.
    If you are still running on 2GB of RAM, cannot afford to upgrade or bother with the "new, must-have" features of Lion - more power to ya, stick with Snow Leopard. It is a fine operating system.