Back to the Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bfar5, Jul 13, 2010.

1. bfar5 macrumors member

So I was there yesterday because my IP4 has been becoming unresponsive during or right after phone calls. I was there yesterday and the tech did a hard restore, whatever that is and told me to come back if the issue doesn't resolve. This morning I was on the phone and during the call the screen went dark but I didn't lose my call. It stayed dark and unresponsive for about 5 mins. This is my third trip there. On my first trip it was because my IP4 had a brownish bar visible on the display that did not go away after over a week... you know the glue issue? The genius couldn't see it. I noticed the same brownish bar on all the floor models as well so, I guess that is something I am going to have to live with but not this shutdown problem. I hope I get one from a better batch.

2. yankintx macrumors 6502

I had same problem and it turns out it was one of the wallpaper apps I installed. It was causing screen to randomly turn black and phone became unresponsive.

You have any wallpaper apps installed? Seems like some of the existing iPhone apps are not ip4 ready yet. I'm certain that some of those who think they are having proximity sensor problems are having issuesmcaused by the wallpaper apps.