Back to the "OG"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knowlege Bomb, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

First off I want to get opinions on the situation that has driven me to make this change. Thanks in advance for reading my rant.

I moved here to VA from WI in late November. I had State Farm insurance for my car at the time and had to switch as it was a WI only coverage branch. When I got here, the State Farm office wanted to charge me ridiculous rates so I decided to drop them and find another provider.

After shopping around for a couple days I decided to go with Geico as I'm formally military and got pretty good rates/discounts. I was pretty surprised because they actually came really close to matching the rates I had in WI with the same amounts of coverage.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was attempting to log in to my online account overview to find out why they had not taken my payment out on time (supposed to automatically withdraw on the 1st). I got a message saying there was a problem with my account and I needed to speak with a representative. So I called in and spent no time at all on hold (my favorite thing about them - excellent customer service, especially for former military) and was told that the underwriting department has done a review of my driving record and come to the conclusion that I am uninsurable (their words).

I asked what could have possibly changed between November and now since I haven't gotten any new tickets and my ONE speeding ticket is set to drop off at the end of this month. She said because my license was suspended at one time it makes everything look more serious. This was NINE YEARS AGO!! WTF!? So it comes down to me having to find a new insurance provider and every single one I've checked has given me rates at about twice what I was paying before. Hence my decision...

I figure saving myself $20 on my phone bill per month would be helpful. Plus I can put my 3G in it's box with the BSE still on the back and have it look pristine when I sell it to fund my purchase of the new one come this summer (if it's worth it). The OG I had to get back from a friend that had lost his snowboarding. Kinda funny because he got all pissy when I asked him for it. Turns out he dropped and broke mine like two days after I loaned it to him and had to buy a replacement and somehow felt entitled to it since he payed for it..... :rolleyes: The thing that kinda sucks is he was paranoid about breaking it again and put a case on it. The back is perfect but the bezel is all scratched. :mad:

Oh well. It's in better condition than the one I gave him! Thanks for listening!

/rant

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

So what is your question exactly?

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

There was no question. I was asking for input.

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Input on what? It sounds like a rant for a personal journal not a post for MR asking for advice. :)