Back Up AEBS HDD to another AEBS HDD?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KettyKrueger, Aug 15, 2009.

1. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Hi All,

I currently keep my iTunes library on an external drive, connected to my Airport Extreme. I also have another drive attached to the AEBS that I would like to back my iTunes library to.

Can this be done? I've got the full version of Super Duper which will let me back up local drives to any network drive but I can't seem to get it to back to to a network drive to a network drive.

Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

2. jamin100 macrumors 6502

I use chronosync to do this as it can see networked drives.

3. KettyKrueger thread starter macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

Cheers for the recommendation. Giving it a whirl now. I actually requested a fully functioning demo last night and they've just got back to me with a serial. I wanted to give it a proper go before shelling out $40 (or whatever the £ equivalent is these day).

I'm backing up now, seems to be going well. I do have a few questions though if you don't mind;

1 - Can I do the first back up with the drive attached via USB/FW800 to speed things up? (I'm just doing a test back up now)

2 - Should I be aware of the any of the advanced settings? I had a look at them and the only thing I changed was to give confirmation when back up was complete.

3 - Do you use the archive feature? Seems pretty sweet, think I might give it a go.

I think that's it. Seems like a pretty slick program!