back up cydia tweaks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maximus96, May 29, 2012.

1. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

I remember there were a few cydia apps that can backup and restore cydia purchases and tweaks. but i already remember reading that they later will fail to restore.

what is the best one out currently? i'm on a 4S with 5.0.1 and thinking about going to 5.1.1 because the battery right now is really crappy.

thanks

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

This may or may not be what you're looking for but it could help. For me, I only use AppBackup which saves the actual app data. This is more important for me. I can go back and manually install each app and tweak. I have no problem doing that. Saving game data is my biggest concern because I'd rather not lose all my progress in a game just becuse I want to upgrade and restore. AppBackup saves the required files so when you restore, everything goes back to how it was before the upgrade. Works like a charm. And it's free.

4. daemonite macrumors member

5. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I use xBackup, it hasn't failed me once. Just have to make sure you have cloud backup option set and backup the backup file it makes before restoring in case the cloud fails.

pkgBackup is nice, but it's too expensive considering how many times I would use it and I'm not sure if the extra features are worth it.