Back Up Problem and Camera & Photos wont Open!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grayburn, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Grayburn, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010

Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Updated to 4.2.1 last night and now wish i hadn't!

Immediately after the update installed and the handset rebooted iTunes automatically backed it up, now would this of backed up my handset which was in a newly updated state with nothing on it?

If so, can i select an old back up to restore onto the device as NONE of my pics & videos have gone back onto the handset much to my annoyance as i haven't got any other back up of sorts?

Also, upon selecting either Camera or Photos they both crash and go back to the Home screen!

Hope someone can help...please?

2. JaiDaHaus macrumors newbie

JaiDaHaus

You have a PC? Cause I do. I have had that backup problem for weeks now. I don't know what causes it. I think apple just slacks on iTunes for PC users because they're not Macs. I had to go threw 5 tech support people on the phone, restore my phone 16 times, and even take it to the apple store, which they said they found nothing wrong with the phone. None of that even helped, it just started working again for no reason, so i'm hoping it doesnt mess up again.

3. Grayburn thread starter macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I do have a PC yes.So what is your advice then, just keep restoring the back up?

4. JaiDaHaus macrumors newbie

JaiDaHaus

Yeah. Apple can't help you in this situation, at least in personal experience. I think my persistence in restoring and messing with the phone myself was the only thing that got it to work, and again I dont know what messed it up or why it just started working.

5. Grayburn thread starter macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Thanks for your replies but i'm still really none the wiser with regards to my questions in the first post.

6. Grayburn thread starter macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Getting somewhere now.

After hooking my phone up to my work PC i can see my pics & vids in the DCIM folder but they are in two folders but i can't copy or cut from one or the other.

Any suggestions on how to get them out of the folders and into the DCIM folder?