Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apthai

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not sure where is the best place to put this but I figure here would be a start.

I currently have an iMac 24" with the standard 320GB drive. Currently I do not have any back-up solution for my pictures/documents/etc.

The 2 major back-up I want is my "Aperture Library" and "iPhoto Library". What is the best way to back this up? I'm going to go out and purchase a 1TB drive shortly but do not know the most efficient way to back-up.

Do I just copy the entire library over to the external drive and when I do another back-up, delete the old one and copy the new one over? There has to be a better way for this.

Is there any application that will only copy over changes I made? Like if I added pictures, it would only update those on the external drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ayzee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
Most external Hard Drives come with software that synchronizes and mirrors any folders you choose on your HD. This would be another option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.