Back Up Won't Restore Music! Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ThunderApple, Oct 20, 2011.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Had a 3GS. Updated to iOS5. Backed Up. Got everything back. Music, Videos, etc

One day, Left my house and I saw that I lost all my music.

Went home later and restored it and backed it up from one of my old ones. It restored everything but the music and videos. Does anyone know why?

Heres the problem. My iTunes Library is different from the one on my iPhone. I have always had it as Manually Manage Music and Videos

So I would always drag music into my phone.

Now does anyone know why it won't sync the music I had on my back up? :(

2. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

3. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

well if you manually managed your music and videos they never really synched with your phone and would not have been backed up. Just re-drag them into the phone from iTunes.

I'm surprised you 'got everything back' the first time you did the restore from iTunes.

4. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

When you open iTunes does your music & videos show up under library? And if they do can you play them?

Also after you plug your phone in click on the music tab in iTunes and make sure you have sync all music applied.

Really don't know besides for that so many possible variables at this point. Good luck.