Back wraps - Slickwraps destroys the competition

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dajazz, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dajazz, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

dajazz macrumors member

I've used iCarbons before on my iPads, but figured I'd check out Slickwraps this time to see what their wrap for the iPhone backed looked like. I ordered both in a black carbon fiber finish (iCarbons on the left, Slickwraps on the right):

[​IMG]

Right away I noticed the attention to detail on the Slickwraps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When my 6+ finally came I ended up putting the Slickwraps skin on and love it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Reminisce32 macrumors regular

Reminisce32

does this come off without leaving any damage on the phone for if you want to resell it?

3. vishavg macrumors member

That looks great! Do you have a screen protector on it? I was just wondering if I could use the iloome tempered glass screen protector on it

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Looks good! I am personally waiting for my Sticker Boy skins to come in.

How were they able to get away with the Apple logo cut?!!!

5. SmGrafiX macrumors member

Looks real good ! I do these kind of wraps for a living, cars, trucks, van signs(family owned business) but dont have the patience to make them myself. Wish i had the time, i do make my own clear body wraps for my iphones tho lol

6. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

That is impressive. Cannot see any gaps. Wow.

I just had Ghost Armor installed. While it is clear, it certainly could have been as extensive as yours as far as coverage. It is more like iCarbons.

I believe ********** will be similar as their side wraps I used on the 5 were excellent as far as coverage.

Let us know how it holds up. Dry install? I assume so as they ususally are.

I may have to take my GA off! :eek:

7. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

That looks sick!!

How long did it take to install and how much?

8. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

I've taken them off before without any damage or residue on the phone, the trick is to use a hair dryer, they come off real easy then.

No screen protector on mine, but you could definitely add one as the wrap doesn't cover any of the glass.

Dunno, I know a few years ago iCarbons got in trouble from Apple for having the logo cutout so they switched to just covering it up or leaving a round cutout. Now it looks like they're doing more of an Apple cutout but it's nowhere near as precise as he Slickwraps one is.

Thanks! I'm expecting it to hold up quite well, the material is a 3M wrap and the one I have on my iPad 3 has held up excellent and looks just as good as they day I installed it almost 2 years ago. It is a dry install.

It was about $15.67 with s&h, I had a coupon code that saved me $3 otherwise it would have been $18.xx.

It took maybe 10 minutes to install. The trick is getting the Apple logo and camera cutouts lined up first. Once they're in place the rest is easy. I also used a hair dryer to heat up the pieces on the edges so I could get it to sit as flush as possible.

9. Cherish macrumors member

Have you taken them off after using for a year and not just a few days?

I had one of these stickers but they left a sticky residue after being on the phone for a long time. It does look great though.

10. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

Yup, I took an iCarbons one off my iPad 2 after a year when I gave it to my gf, with heat it came off easy without leaving anything behind

11. vishavg macrumors member

12. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

I would think it would, the skin is very thin and I've used cases in my iPads in the past that have sins on them. I have a Vaja Grip LP on order that I plan to use with my phone when I'm traveling

13. vishavg macrumors member

okay, i will post some pictures with my setup once the skin and case arrive!

14. drtran83 macrumors member

Have you noticed any cell reception loss due to covering of the bands on the back?

15. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

I have not, cell reception seems just as good as before :)

16. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

If it comes off easily with heat, do you think and iPhone that is left in the sun for a while might be a problem with one of these wraps? I put my phone in a mount in my car, and it absorbs a good bit of sun and warms up some.

17. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Hey There,

I believe what he was referring to was he uses heat while removing the wrap. The material is rated well above the normal temperature ranges found in closed vehicles, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you ever have an issue simply reach out and we'll ship a replacement free of charge. We stand 100% behind our quality and precision.

I'm here to help if you have any other questions!

Weston
    Slickwraps

18. vishavg macrumors member

Hi Weston,

Do you think it's possible to put an aluminium bumper around the carbon fibre skin? I see that it also covers the sides, so I was just wondering if it would hinder that? I am really looking forward to receiving mine!

Thanks

19. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Hey,

I can't tell you 100% because every bumper is different. However, we have tested 20 or so cases and a few bumpers and all have worked 100% of the time and even allows for removal and reapplication without damaging the wrap, which is a huge plus.

Weston
    Slickwraps

20. ttuguy09 macrumors member

I couldn't determine which one I wanted, so I would up ordering 4 different ones and will choose when I see them face to face.

I had one of these on my 5s and it made it look like a completely new phone. I love this product!

21. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Good Idea.

Let me know if you need anything like pics, etc.

Weston
    Slickwraps

22. dajazz thread starter macrumors member

No, like slickwrapsinc said below I'm talking about using the concentrated heat from a hair dryer, it doesn't melt it at all it just makes it a little easier to remove as the skin is a bit more pliable. Leaving the skin on while an item is in a car won't pose a problem, I've left my iPads out in the sun to the point of triggering the excessive heat warning from the devices and the wraps have handled just fine.

Awesome, love your product so it's always good to hear a company has great customer service to go with it :)

23. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

That wrap looks really nice!

I'd be afraid of miss-aligning it though.
    I guess the one nice thing is the stick-out camera which helps align one part of it.

24. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Once you get the bottom on the rest falls into place. We do have a high production value video on YouTube and detailed instructions shipped with every product.

We do have a GOOF policy. You mess up and we reship a replacement Free of charge.

Weston
    Slickwraps

25. drtran83 macrumors member

I really want a CF case for my iPhone, but sadly nobody has developed one that is clean enough yet.

Slickwraps or the OP: I was wondering if this wrap would work with a clear case over the top of it without issues? I like the look along with good drop protection thats why I would like to protect it even more with a case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.