Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone know of a zagg invisibleshield style protector (you know, clear sticker thing) that is specifically cut for the iPad 4 and the smaller Lightning adapter at the bottom rather than the larger old-style 30-pin adapter? Seems everyone is selling stuff for "Ipad 3/4" as if they're the same. And except for the size of the power adapter on the bottom, they are exactly the same.

I'm the sort of person who would be greatly bothered, highly distressed, and given bouts of constant anxiety if I were to put a protector on the back of my new iPad 4 that had a big cutout on the bottom made for the large 30-pin adapter. I'd have nightmares. And the small areas on either side of the adapter hole is where my iPad 4 would get horribly scratched.

I asked Zagg, they said as far as they know there is no difference between the full body (rear) protectors they're selling for the iPad 3 and iPad 4. Maybe now that it's actually been released, some companies will not be lazy and make it specifically for the new iPad with the new small lightning adapter hole. Anyone know of one like this yet?

I assume all the ones made for the iPad mini are properly cut for the lightning adapter and not the 30-pin adapter. Has someone done the same for the iPad 4 yet?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.