Backbeat 906 or Jaybird JB-200

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by T4R06, Apr 12, 2010.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

Anyone have these Bluetooth headphones? I'd love to get one but I cannot decide which one. Pls don't recommend S9-HD, I don't like the design.

Thanks!

2. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I've used the Jaybird. They sound great and I liked the way they look but for some reason the right one never fit properly. I use the S9-HD now.

3. MSampson macrumors member

I have the BackBeat for my iPhone (holding out for a 3G iPad). I love it because I can listen to stereo music, interrupt for a phone call, and then back to music all invisibly. I have long hair so you cannot see that I have anything on. It is comfortable to wear and you can leave it in with no music or phone call and still hear and talk to people around you since it doesn't completely block your ear canal. Sometimes the back of the neck wire bumps your shirt collar but you can shrug it to the inside easily.
    The iPhone doesn't have full bluetooth capability though so you cannot skip tracks, only start and stop the music. I don't know if it's a defect in mine but I cannot change volume either. I can initiate a voice dialed call so it's great in the car (no tunes, just waiting for a phone call).

4. xraytech macrumors 68020

BackBeat over here.

Both sound great.

I think the BackBeat fits better.

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys, One more advantage on the review is on the call the jaybird will take only one speaker? While on backbeat both speakers are functioning.

Cheapest I saw is on newegg. I'd go for backbeat!