Backdoor to iPod, Phone, Mail, Safari?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by the b, Dec 31, 2008.

1. the b macrumors newbie

Wife dropped her iPhone, shattering the screen. She was awarded with new 3G model.

I was awarded with shattered iPhone.

Masking taped the screen to keep the shards of glass intact (I know, ghetto) and all worked well for some time - touchpad remained fully functional.

Now, the touchpad area around the bottom row of icons (iPod, phone, mail, safari) isn't functioning - can't click, can't drag, etc. I think this is the "dead line" or "dead zone" that users reference. Anyways...

Is there a "backdoor" to launching those 4 applications (some other way, aside from touching the icons)?

I was thinking about jailbreaking the phone and installing the one of the file finder/explorer apps out there. Don't know if that'll help though.

Any advice/direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. deadsouls macrumors regular

i think jailbreaking would be your only option now besides physically getting your iphone fixed. there are various application launchers available for jb iphones. you could also install veency and control your iphone with your computer so you can drag those bottom icons OUT of the dock and onto some part of the screen that still works for you.