Backdrop SUCKS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Prof., Oct 27, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Okay. I opened photo booth to try out the new back drops and I did everything it said. I stepped out of the screen for a couple of seconds and when I stepped back in, the back drop disappeared.

Do you think Apple will fix this soon with an update?

Prof. :apple:

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Do you have something that moves when you get back in the frame? It essentially takes a picture and removes that part from the video and substitutes it. If there's a mirror behind you or changing light or things are just moving, you won't get the desired effect.

3. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Okay, I did it again and it still doesn't work!

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Any subtle lighting differences will affect the backdrop. It needs work.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The backdropped effects work best with a monochromatic background just like the chromakey/greenscreen used in tv & movies, etc.

A sheet or pasteboard that fills the screen area behind you works best. It's even mentioned in the Leopard demo video.

6. Ctrl2k macrumors member

Yes, it really needs a simple background to key on. Most normal backgrounds won't work well.

7. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

8. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

I tried every room in my house and the background doesn't work in any of them!

I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda pissed.:mad:

Prof. :apple:

9. age234 macrumors 6502

age234

I pretty much assumed it wouldn't work well. Notice that every time they demonstrated it the background was professionally lit and extremely simple, if not a plain color.

What it probably is is the auto iris (probably gain, actually) screwing it up. The iris/gain probably changes when you leave the frame to correct the exposure, then it goes back when you return, and it doesn't work because the background doesn't match.

If that's it, there's really no way to fix it, aside from adjusting your lighting until the camera's exposure doesn't change when you're in/out of frame.