Background app refresh bug? Geo-fence problems

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by slineaudi, Nov 5, 2014.

1. slineaudi macrumors member

Has anyone noticed a problem with background app refreshes or geofencing problem with iOS8? I have the phillips hue bulbs and use the geo-fence feature to turn the lights on automatically when I get home. This used to work absolutely flawlessly until iOS8/iphone 6. For whatever reason, it just doesn't work at all anymore. I've gone through all the phillips settings and check all the app background refresh and gps use settings in iOS and still cant get it work again. Has anyone else run into something similar? I'm working if Apple changed something about how that works and broke the old apps.

2. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

3. Zxxv macrumors 68040

mine broke too. Hue just updated their app today. Maybe its fixed. They keep updating and it breaks or fixes it. Really annoying. They just introduced widgets too, though limited.

4. BrettDS macrumors 65816

Interesting... just the other day I was trying to get photosync set up to automatically backup my photos. It uses a geofence to wake up the app and start the backup whenever I get home. It worked once or twice in my testing, but most of the time it just never wakes up. I chalked it up to an issue with photosync, but maybe there's a bigger iOS issue here instead