background app refresh settings not sticking

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by udontno, Oct 23, 2014.

1. udontno macrumors regular

udontno

I had almost all my apps set not to refresh in the background. Since updating to 8.1, this setting has been turned on for every app I see. I switch it off, then I go back to look at the settings for that app again and it is switched back on.

I restarted my phone (held down home and power button) but that didn't fix it. Any ideas? Might be why my phone battery hasn't been as good since 8.1.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I wouldn't quite blame battery on background app refresh. Mine is turned on for all apps and my battery life is fine.

Have you tried the resetting all settings option? (Settings > General > Reset > reset all settings).

Note: you will have to go through and set your ringtones, notifications, wallpapers after the reset so don't say I didnt warn you.

3. udontno thread starter macrumors regular

udontno

I haven't tried that... not so sure I'd really want to. I'm not the typical phone user in that notifications drive me bonkers and I have them turned off for 95.6% of the apps on my phone so redoing that would be a big pain, especially since I set up this phone (iPhone 6) as a new phone when I got it on release day so I feel like I just did all of that unfortunately.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I understand where you are coming from but sometimes that reset seems to fix so much quirky things. I customize the heck out of my notifications as well.