background apps?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lexluther18, Aug 22, 2008.

1. lexluther18 macrumors newbie

so I am new to the iPhone and Apple for that matter. How do i know if there is anything running in the background on this iPhone? It seems my usage timer is higher than it should be. It will show 6 hours when I know I haven't used it anywhere near that amount. Something must be running for it to show that high of a number.

2. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Restore it and that should clear up.

Mine was also doing that - the usage would go up over night when the phone was in standby. An app crashed and I restored and it went back to more accurate usage numbers.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3rd party Apps aren't allowed to run in the background. If you push the Home button the App stops.

4. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

It may not be a third party app that is causing the problem. I would put mine on standby when I went to bed and when I woke up my usage would say over 6 hours, this happened for a few days. After it crashed and I restore it the problem stopped.

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

there very well could be a rogue process running that's not supposed to be... no need to restore, simply hold down the sleep/wake button and use the slider to turn it off, then turn it on again and any unwanted processes should be killed off.

6. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Yes, this actually makes more sense then going through a restore, I should have tried that first.