Background Audio

Bentoh

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
Google-Youtube disallows that... The app Jasmine used to be able to that but was demanded to remove the feature... So I doubt iOS7 can do that...

iPhoneApple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
I know the Official Youtube App and Jasmine removed it, but in iOS 6 some apps had the ability to play in the background, but they don't work in iOS 7. I just want to know if this is a bug or if Apple has blocked all background audio.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know the Official Youtube App and Jasmine removed it, but in iOS 6 some apps had the ability to play in the background, but they don't work in iOS 7. I just want to know if this is a bug or if Apple has blocked all background audio.
Some have mentioned that you can still play things in Safari and listen to them in the background, so sounds like not all background audio is disabled.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I'll test the background API as soon as I get my iPhone 5 back and install iOS7 on it and report back.