Background Images Reset After Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CostaMoses, Feb 4, 2014.

1. CostaMoses macrumors member

I just bought my wife the current gen 13" Macbook Air, and added a PNY StoreEdge SD card, and moved her iTunes and iPhoto libraries to it.

She used photos from iPhoto to set 4 or 5 different backgrounds, but they revert back to the stock wave background after putting the machine to sleep. When I go back in to settings, it still shows the thumbnail of the image that was set for the background, but the background is back to the stock wave photo. :confused:

Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on, and if so, how to fix it?

I apologize if this has been answered before, but I am newly registered to the forum and I could not find anything about it via search. I have been getting useful info from this site for years, so I figured it was time to sign up. Thanks, everyone!

-Moses

2. willgreene99 macrumors regular

willgreene99

It sounds like when the Air is sleeping, it turns off the connection to the SD card. And when you wake it up, the connection to the SD card is restored after the internal but not fast enough that the system preferences can access it.

One test to run is if you can copy those background images to her Pictures folder on her internal SSD, Update the screen saver to use those images from the internal drive, put the Air to sleep, and see what shows when you wake it up.

3. CostaMoses thread starter macrumors member

That's a great idea. I'll try it. Thanks, Will!

4. CostaMoses thread starter macrumors member

I forgot to check back in here. Your advice worked perfectly. Thank you!