Background Music/Podcasts

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rstark18, Sep 29, 2013.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

In iOS 6 whatever you where listening to would stay paused in the background indefinitely so that you could double tap the home button and press play or when connecting to a Bluetooth player (my car) it would continue where you last paused it.

In iOS 7 this doesn't work any more and it's VERY annoying. It seems as though after a certain period of time the background player clears out whatever you where listening to. I really hope this was something Apple overlooked and are willing to fix. I hope it is not a new (un)feature.

2. Altis macrumors 68030

While I agree that the music app is now reduced to a very watered down app, the issue you're having can be overcome via control center.

So, when your music isn't playing, open the control center from the lock screen, and press play there. The controls will then return to the lock screen while it is playing.

Hope this helps!

3. chrisaster macrumors regular

I think this is because the app actually closes after a while.

You can try it for yourself. Close the music app then go to control center and press play, now try have the all open and do the same thing... You'll realise that the open app plays faster as it doesn't have to open it before playing.

4. Nothlit macrumors regular

If the OP is having the same problem I'm having, then even control center is not the solution as the most recently playing app disappears from there too after a relatively short time (sometimes as little as a few minutes). For no explainable reason.

5. Altis macrumors 68030

On mine, the play/next/previous buttons are always in the control center.

However, pressing play does not always play from where it left off.

6. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is correct. When the selection is no longer available for background play it does not show in control center. The controls are there but they will not function.

7. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

+1 this drives me nuts in the car! And like you say, it's not just the Music app, it's any background audio app. I use the Audible app tons and really miss the "double click home" to pick up where I've left off. Only works for a little while and then iOS 7 just forgets about it.