iPad mini Background picture looks bad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BradOntCa, Jan 2, 2015.

1. BradOntCa macrumors member

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to make my background pic look good. I have the Ipad mini retina and when I put a pic on my background it shows up soft and not good at all, when I put the same pic on my computer screen as the background pic it looks great, I just don't get it. Any ideas?

2. brentmore macrumors 6502

brentmore

Background images and wallpapers usually look best on screens when the image size (in pixels) matches the resolution of the screen. In you case, the iPad has a resolution of 2048×1536 px. If you can prep your image to meet this resolution, then it'll look good.

3. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Came here to say this. Just check the resolution

4. BradOntCa thread starter macrumors member

Well. I did that and now the image is too big, I tried to pinch to make it fit but it just returns to being to big, geez.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPad wallpapers need to be squarish -- I don't know the exact dimensions, but just google "iPad wallpaer" and you'll find many high quality ones. Adjusting the resolutions of a low quality picture isn't going to get you good results, so unless you have super high res photos to begin with, I wouldn't bother adjusting the resolutions of an older wallpaper.

6. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

It's because the OS zooms a bit extra for the parallax effect. The wallpaper resolution is in fact something like 2524 x 2524.

7. sanke1 macrumors 65816

sanke1

I have tried that as well. Still iOS will zoom it even further and I would get a nice blurry wallpaper.

Applying Wallpaper since iOS 7 is needlessly complicated and broken.

I only use default wallpapers these days.

iOS 8 added few new amateur wallpapers which truly suck.

8. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

Haha, I truly agree. iPhone 6+ has even more issues with wallpaper scaling. Parallax, landscape and system-level scaling on top of each other. I'm sticking to the default wallpapers, however dull they're starting to look.

9. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

Dimensions should be 2524x2524 and set the wallpaper while in portrait orientation , then slide it over to the right some. Don't ask me why. Setting wallpapers is beyond garbage since iOS 8 on iPad. Using any reference that's centered will never be centered when setting a wallpaper , EVER. Hence having to slide the wallpaper over a bit. Why the OS does this is beyond me. The funny thing is that it was fixed a beta a long time ago only to never be fixed in final release.