Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

durad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
ok, i'm kind of paranoiac with this,i've always been since i had my old nokia 7650,and now even more since the battery of the iphone doesnt last long, so tell me you opinion on this topics pls:

1-Do you think apps like sbsettings that needs to run on the background will significantly decrease the time that 1 battery cycle takes?for example, instead of lasting 30hours it will last 25~29(yes one hour is significant)
2-is there a way to know what programs use background processes?some are obvious but some doesnt tell you anything and they are there up and running all the time(note that i'm not talking about applications that you can see in the addon processes for sbsettings,i'm talking about processes like that mms receiver program uses even if it is not runing)
3-finally,and off topic, does the iphone leave "trash" when you delete an application?

thanks in advance

andyblila

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2008
On My iPhone, or my iPad?
ok, i'm kind of paranoiac with this,i've always been since i had my old nokia 7650,and now even more since the battery of the iphone doesnt last long, so tell me you opinion on this topics pls:

1-Do you think apps like sbsettings that needs to run on the background will significantly decrease the time that 1 battery cycle takes?for example, instead of lasting 30hours it will last 25~29(yes one hour is significant)
2-is there a way to know what programs use background processes?some are obvious but some doesnt tell you anything and they are there up and running all the time(note that i'm not talking about applications that you can see in the addon processes for sbsettings,i'm talking about processes like that mms receiver program uses even if it is not runing)
3-finally,and off topic, does the iphone leave "trash" when you delete an application?

thanks in advance
How is SBsettings running in the background? I notice no battery decrease with SBsettings.

durad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
off course it is running in the background, how do you think you just need to scroll your finger for it to come out,he is waiting for that command all the time or something,its not like an app that you start,its always available,and like that there are other programs like i said that use background processes the question is what impact will they have?some impact is for sure,but is it significant,lets wait for other users replys to find out;)

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
No. SBSettings has no significant effect on battery life.

I think it's just your paranoia. Instead of spying out background processes that have minimal effect on battery, you should probably look at the big things, like bluetooth, wifi, 3G, and so forth. Anything else, if terminated, would have such small effect that you wouldn't even notice.

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Do a search in Cydia for an app called "top." from the description of "processes" it sounds like "top" might be more like what you want.

durad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
ye i have blutooth 3g edge wifi all off lol:p only turn them on when i need them,thats why i like sbettings, thanks for the tip on the program will check that out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.