Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2009
It's been possible to stream Podcasts in the iTunes store in the background (i.e., closing down the window and using the phone), at least on 2.2.
The screenshot in that link shows quicktime and it looks very much like the podcasts you stream in iTunes, so really, not anything drastically new.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Wow this is great.

At least it's something. Now how about some other apps...

dixonraj

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2009
I was able to get the site you posted to work, BNZ1. I can't get the one from the article to work. It keeps on saying cannot open page. I even watched the video that was posted from tune.mobl. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Polymira

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Yeah, while it works. If you go into other applications, the stream will kill itself within a couple of minutes. I use the itunes streaming all the time for podcasts, and if i open maps or safari as it starts to eat ram it'll kill itunes.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
This is fantastic! I've wanted to do this often and have always forgotten that the stream would stop as soon as I wanted to do anything else while listening. It's not perfect but it'll definitely work. Yay!

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
Hahahaha @ QCassidy's Signature: "If Jesus Himself came back to earth and turned water to wine, half of MacRumors would say 'meh, this is red. I wanted white.'"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.