Background wall paper while playing music

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Has one else noticed this?

It looks hideous! Why isnt the album art full screen? an whats the grey backgound all about?

hazuki

macrumors regular
May 17, 2013
Bali
how about the now playing in the music app?
does it still have the abilty to show the lyrics?

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I think this is the new Apple.

It's the type of thing you could say they'll fix before it ships.

But it's also the type of thing a lot of people at Apple would have noticed had they been paying attention at all while using iOS 7 internally.

It's like Maps. Last summer everyone was sure Apple would notice the train wreck it had on its hands. And it either didn't notice or didn't care.

I write poetry. And when you write poetry, you have to be willing to cut out lines that you love because they don't work.

I am sure someone really loved that super-skinny, hard to read font that doesn't work on top of lots of photographs. And I imagine that someone loves the idea of that font on top of photographs without a translucent layer to buffer the background so much that they're not willing to let it go for the the product to work.

"The font works; you're listening to the wrong music"

dontpannic

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2011
Orpington, Kent, UK
GUYS

It's BETA 1.

There are going to be issues such as this in pre-release software.

IT IS NOT FINISHED

Instead of creating threads like this, report the issues at https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Because, of course, you are all registered developers, correct?

Also - full screen? How do you propose you fit album art (which is square) full screen on a 16:9 portrait display?

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
and where are the music controls?
hidden! :L it looks absolutely terrible, and the buttons are invisible if you have an album such as 'The Beatles - White Album' They are accessed by double clicking home button

how about the now playing in the music app?
does it still have the abilty to show the lyrics?
Sorry i don't use lyrics, don't know

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
For goodness sake. Read the guys post above mine.

People set their expectations too high for beta's. Its actually embarrassing.

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Mine does not look like that at all. The background will be whatever wallpaper you have it set to. It appears to be the new space wallpaper in the above screenshot.

I have attached screenshots of what it looks like on my phone both with and without controls.

Attachments

JWalker1995

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Mine does not look like that at all. The background will be whatever wallpaper you have it set to. It appears to be the new space wallpaper in the above screenshot.

I have attached screenshots of what it looks like on my phone both with and without controls.
Are you using iPhone 5? I'm using a 4S?

Gutwrench

Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
It's BETA 1.

There are going to be issues such as this in pre-release software.

IT IS NOT FINISHED

Instead of creating threads like this, report the issues at https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Because, of course, you are all registered developers, correct?
Try to warm up to the idea that non developers have access to the update. The next few months will be trying for everyone having to tolerate the mantras that are sure to follow:

1. It's broke.
2. It's beta.
3. You are a developer, right?

:rolleyes:

daiichi

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2013

Pretty awesome.