Backgrounder alternative?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by naujoks, Oct 15, 2011.

1. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

So Backgrounder doesn't work under iOS 5, and the developer has stopped working on it.
    Yet, it's one of the apps I was using most, and now miss most!
    Does anyone know if there's an alternative to it, or if someone's working on it?

2. wirlau macrumors newbie

Same issue here. Springboard crashes after installation of Backgrounder by Cydia. I'm using iOS 5 on iPhone 4, tethered jailbroken with redsn0w 0.9.9b4 for Windows.

3. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

Same here. I actually installed a bunch of stuff on Cydia at once, including Backgrounder, and when I rebooted, I kept going into Safe Mode. Ended up having to remove all my Cydia apps and then reinstall them one-by-one to find the culprit.

I've also noticed that iBooks crashes upon launch, the new Apple app "Trailers" (for movie info) crashes when you click on certain functions, and Cydia crashes randomly. The Location toggle under SBSettings doesn't work, and some of the toggles (like 3G, data, wifi, bluetooth- stuff I don't care for) can't be removed from the notification menu. Running iPhone 4, iOS 5, tethered JB with redsn0w b5.

Oh yeah, and Winterboard doesn't work either for me.

4. wirlau, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  5. Z¡G macrumors newbie

It's not too too bad, but definitely buggy, Interferes with MultiCleaner, But you can still use both tweaks together. I do because I cant live without MultiCleaner.