Backgrounder and Circuitous - how did I miss these...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TangoDown, Aug 21, 2010.

1. TangoDown macrumors regular

A bit late to the show but yeah, after about a month of owning my iPad I only just installed Backgrounder and Circuitous today, and in one fell swoop effectively made the device infinitely more productive. Just being able to pull in the dock and go to Notes or email without losing my place anywhere else makes me glad the JB exists.
    Dev's - clever so and so's. :apple:

iPad almost perfect for me now. Just need someone to suss out how to take the brightness waaaaaay down, iBooks style.

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Maybe posting in the "iPad" vs "iPhone"forum would be a good idea? P. S. Look for SBSettings which has a "Brightness" slider... also look at ScreenDimmer in Cydia.

3. TangoDown thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry.
    I'm partially sighted & though I usually manage to post in the right place I also occasionally stuff it up. In any case, I guess the two Cydia apps and their subsequent result are the same on iPad as on iPhone so hopefully not too much of a blunder...

Thanks for the tips - I already have the brightness slider in SBSettings and checked out ScreenDimmer. Neither of these take the brightness as low as iBooks can go. I believe the iBooks app uses a contrast overlay. It's going to take a dev to whip up something to get the brightness lower than the lowest default setting - which is still way bright on a pad in certain circumstances.

4. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Circuitous was updated to work with 4.x? I'm gonna have to go look later.

5. TangoDown thread starter macrumors regular

As above, this should really have been posted in the iPad hacks forum.

Perhaps a mod can move it.

6. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I believe the O.P. is using it on an iPad w/ 3.1 JB. I also believe they still don't work w/ IOS4.x?