Backgrounder and TextFree

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Enigmafan420, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Enigmafan420 macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I have both installed on my phone.

I am attempting to get textfree to stay active so that it will notify me when I receive a new text. I have it set to always background under the backgrounder preferences.

I can't really tell if this is working well or not. Has anyone else been able to get this combination to work with satisfactory results?

I will say this about textfree, if it gets push support with the 3.X software, it will be THE KILLER APP on iphone. $6 price to forever never have to get bent over by AT$T for text charges :D

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Push would be nice. But I don't think your going to get any kind of alerts using backgrounder.

3. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

Anybody out there tried this method with any kind of satisfactory success?

I called AT$T yesterday and told them where they could put their $30 month text message plan. And I LIKE textfree-I just DON'T like the fact that it doesn't tell you directly when you have a new text message.

4. vega07 macrumors 65816

I believe Pinger will release an update of Textfree to take advantage of the push API very soon (hopefully the day 3.0 is released)!

I am very excited.

5. Enigmafan420 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enigmafan420

I really hope you are correct. I sort of bought textfree assuming it would get push support when 3.0 came out.

I believe this will be the killer app for iPhone if it does get push. No more $30 text plan :D

6. vega07 macrumors 65816

read the comments in this review of textfree. there is a textfree rep answering questions. from what she says, push is definitely coming to 3.0. the only question is WHEN? and she talks about a new update that will arrive soon allowing your friends to text you somehow without requiring them to reply to your text, which I am assuming is a way for them to actually INITIATE the text message conversation.

http://www.appcraver.com/textfree-unlimited/

7. vega07 macrumors 65816

from the website I linked above: