Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I can't get the beachball badges to activate on my iPhone. I have tried several other badges as well and none of them work. I would like to know what all I have running in the background by looking at my home screen. Any ideas?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I can't get the beachball badges to activate on my iPhone. I have tried several other badges as well and none of them work. I would like to know what all I have running in the background by looking at my home screen. Any ideas?

If you RTFM you would know that only basic functionality is available right now (ie. no badges). Your only option is to use something like SBSettings to see what processes are running.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
If you RTFM you would know that only basic functionality is available right now (ie. no badges). Your only option is to use something like SBSettings to see what processes are running.

Thanks. I have no idea what RTFM is.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Work it out ... start from the assumption that he's an angry man :p

I know what it stands for. Just being facetious.

Smart mouth...too bad.

He must be 12 years old. Wait, should I have used SMS acronyms to write this reply?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I know what it stands for. Just being facetious.

Smart mouth...too bad.

He must be 12 years old. Wait, should I have used SMS acronyms to write this reply?

Why would you use SMS acronyms when you're not texting?

Too bad that aldude's response was considerably more humorous than yours.

Cheers.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Exactly.

Thanks for nothing.

Cheers.

I hope you weren't drawing a parallel between the RTFM acronym and the SMS-speak that the "kids today" are into because RTFM predates SMS-speak by over a decade.

Thanks for nothing? Well I did tell you the backgrounder badges were disabled and you could use SBSettings to view your processes. You're not being ungrateful are you?

Cheers

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
I hope you weren't drawing a parallel between the RTFM acronym and the SMS-speak that the "kids today" are into because RTFM predates SMS-speak by over a decade.

Thanks for nothing? Well I did tell you the backgrounder badges were disabled and you could use SBSettings to view your processes. You're not being ungrateful are you?

Cheers

I'm done.

jshelton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
"Critics say that frequent users of the phrase RTFM suck, and are simply expressing elitism, and that their attitude drives away newcomers without helping them. Their time could better be spent pointing the user to a helpful website, or simply not responding. They point out that RTFM is often used when it is not even clear which manual their correspondent should be reading."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.