Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Does anybody have any problems with backgrounder?

The app works; however, my mail boxes don't get updated through push, even though my push settings for mail are on.

My mail gets updated only when I open the mail app.The push notifications for other apps work great though.

If I uninstall backgrounder, my mail app works great with push.
It's a shame because I really really need it :(

medicscott

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
san diego
i dont think backgrounder had anything to do with it....once you jb, your push is jacked up. but there are fixes in cydia for this.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Same issue discussed here
It's not Backgrounder causing the issue. Check the last post...

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Same discussed issue here
It's not Backgrounder causing the issue. Check the last post...

I caught that, but no I don't have that installed

and as mentioned above. push gets broken once you move to another network that is not at&t. I'm still on at&t and once I remove backgrounder it works

I got rid of winterboard also, just to make sure it wasn't conflicting.
I have status notifier
paperboss
five icon
ireal quick sms
3g unrestrictor

galenmd

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008
I found an issue with Backgrounder:

I use HanDBase for as my database manager. Unfortunately, whenever I run this app in the background, it frequently loses my data entry. I was able to reproduce this error consistently, so I no longer run it in the background.

bripab007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2009
once you jb, your push is jacked up. but there are fixes in cydia for this.

That's not true. If you unlock and then hacktivate your phone on a network other than AT&T's network you can jack up your push, but simply jailbreaking and activating normally on AT&T's network is the same as activating a non-JB'd phone on their network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.