backgrounder than push email

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by threezero, Aug 8, 2010.

1. threezero macrumors 6502

I posted a thread in the general iphone area but since than i have done some trail and error and i pinpoint the problem.

So with backgrounder install push email will work one when the mail.app is not running. after you open the mail.app to check your email it will no longer push in the background if you have the app off. It will only push if you leave the mail.app running in the background.

I try all the setting in backgrounder and it is still like that. Uninstall backgrounder and push email is working perfectly fine.

Anybody else?

2. lonige macrumors newbie

Same here

I inquired it to developer of backgrounder a couple of months ago, but he said he didn't have time to look into it..

He suggested if I provided code to correct it, he would include the code in Backgrounder, but I know nothing of programming and my friend too.

Currently I give up using Backgrounder because for me mail push is much more useful than backgrounder - instead I'm using multicleaner.. BUt I still hope someone will make workaround for it..

3. Strife67 macrumors newbie

Interesting, hadn't noticed that problem because the Mail app has a native background mode and seems to reside in memory all the time. Does it close automatically after a certain inactivity period or are you doing it manually? As long as you leave it on there should be no reason to worry about push notifications.