iPad Backgrounder's Updated :)

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
It's nice not having the badge block the app artwork ;) It also gives a lot more options than before. It's fullscreen now too! (idk if it was before, but I don't think so)

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
I'm being stupid and can't find the iPad version? Do I need to add any sources or anything?

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
r432-1

It should require a reboot after the download, if not just shut it down and turn it back on
still no joy.

you get a full screen picture of all the apps running in the background not just a little picture window in the upper right hand corner?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
still no joy.

you get a full screen picture of all the apps running in the background not just a little picture window in the upper right hand corner?
yeah, it should be a full screen. If you have Respring downloaded, try that. otherwise, you may want to remove and reinstall backgrounder to see if that fixes it

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
yeah, it should be a full screen. If you have Respring downloaded, try that. otherwise, you may want to remove and reinstall backgrounder to see if that fixes it
Which one do I download please. I guess it's the one that doesn't say 2.x only?

dadeef

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
I tried SSH'ing to replace the icon badge but no dice... does anyone have a workaround?

Damon Hill

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
still no joy.

Am I missing something? How do you get backgrounder to show all the background running apps?

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I tried SSH'ing to replace the icon badge but no dice... does anyone have a workaround?
Check the description for Backgrounder in Cydia (or the dev's page), I thought it showed where to SSH to in order to switch badges.

Am I missing something? How do you get backgrounder to show all the background running apps?
If you're talking about a task manager, I would recommend getting Kirikae. It doesn't yet work with the iPad, but you can be assured in knowing the dev is working on it. It's the best IMO

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Turn on "Badges" in the Settings and then each App will have a little badge next to it showing that it is running in the background.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
Wow the new update is fantastic!

I love the fact that you can now set it to show you the backgrounding status in the Status Bar (next to the battery %). It happened to me a few times where I wasn't sure if I had already initiated Backgrounding in an app and I would disable it and also close the program, it was pretty annoying. It's great to see the status right there.

Its great that you can set it so that the app does not automatically minimize when you enable/disable Backgrounding.

Im split on whether I like the "Auto on" feature. It basically automatically turns on Backgrounding for every app you open, so you no longer have to actually enable it but then you have to close it everytime as well. I guess Ill see if I can adjust, kind of got used to using the Home button to close apps.

I think I need to make a donation. :D

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Well, this is not going so well for me. WHile before the background apps would all show when I hit the hold button know nothing comes up yet the badges all say active.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling several times now and even gotten rid of the voice activation as I thought that might be interfering with holding the home button which activates that naturally.
I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

COuld someone help me out with the basic settings.

IN activator settings what should they be for just basic hold and get to a background be?

and in the Backgrounder setting what should they be, where it says control via activator, should anything be checked in there?

appreciate someone pointing me in the righrt direction Im going nuts trying to figure this out!

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
When you are in an app and hold the home buttome is a window with all apps that are open still pop up or is that now gone?

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
best set up (IMO)

So this update makes this even more awesome due to the fact that it doesn't minimize the app when you enable/disable backgrounder.

So set the activator to "tap volume HUD" and that is the easiest way to enable backgrounder and it is an option that is not used for any thing else.