Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arjen92

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
Below sea level
Hey,

On a tutorial I saw you need to "bake" a video with effects when you want to color correct it. They said that when there are effects added to you video file (not sequence) e.g. smoothcam, and you used color and want to send it back, it won't because the file has effects on it. So you needed to "bake" the video file with effects. In that way the effect was a part of the movie: in fcp the movie file won't have effects added because it is already in the file.e.g. smoothcam is applied to the file (you have a smooth movie) but fcp hasn't added smoothcam. (sounds confusing, hope you'll understand it). But I can't find the option/know how to bake a movie file from your project with the effect applied to it. If I follow the instructions, I always end with exporting/rendering the entire movie, instead of the movie file is selected. What do I need to do?

p.s. it needs to be ""baking" files in fcp"

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Hey,

On a tutorial I saw you need to "bake" a video with effects when you want to color correct it. They said that when there are effects added to you video file (not sequence) e.g. smoothcam, and you used color and want to send it back, it won't because the file has effects on it. So you needed to "bake" the video file with effects. In that way the effect was a part of the movie: in fcp the movie file won't have effects added because it is already in the file.e.g. smoothcam is applied to the file (you have a smooth movie) but fcp hasn't added smoothcam. (sounds confusing, hope you'll understand it). But I can't find the option/know how to bake a movie file from your project with the effect applied to it. If I follow the instructions, I always end with exporting/rendering the entire movie, instead of the movie file is selected. What do I need to do?

p.s. it needs to be ""baking" files in fcp"
Put in/out marks around the section that needs to be 'baked' then select File->Export->QT Movie (not QT conversion), select "Make movie self-contained" and use the current settings.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.