Backing Up Address Book to CD Multiple Times

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BeeS4335, May 3, 2008.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

I've just spent a day creating Address Book on my new Macbook Air so I thought it best to back it up. Stuffed a blank CD into the SuperDrive & dragged the Address Book Folder onto the CD icon. Super. Burned the CD. So far so good except I then did some more work & wanted to update the backup CD. However, when I tried to drag the revised folder onto the CD I was told that I couldn't because the "CD Address Book Backup cannot be modified". Umm! Does this mean I can only write to a CD once. Forgive my abysmal ignorance. I'm a switcher still finding my way around. Incidentally, what's the difference between dragging a folder to a CD and "burning an image"?

2. MacAodh macrumors regular

if it's a writable cd only once, if it's a re-writable as many times as you want.

A disk image is when the files load automaticaly. So if you copy the osx cd, if you make an image it will automaticly load up and can be used for booting off, if you copy it it will show up as a folder.

Not sure if that's any help, it's not a great explation

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I should point out that the best way to backup your contacts is to open Address Book and then go to the File menu and select export or backup and then burn that file to disk.

4. BeeS4335 thread starter macrumors member

My thanks. Every day, in every way, it gets better & better...!