Backing up apps to Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 9909rick, Apr 4, 2010.

1. 9909rick macrumors newbie

9909rick

Can anyone tell me either how to back up my iPod apps (and important data like mileage records) to my Mac, or where to find the right software to do this? The iPod manual has lots of info on music, photos and videos, but next to nothing on data. I mainly want to use my iPod Touch to contact clients and keep track of appointments and mileage. I really need to have this data backed up on my Mac Pro (Intel Mac, OS 10.5.6) and would greatly appreciate any tips. Thanks.

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

When your iPod in synced it backs everything up.

3. 9909rick thread starter macrumors newbie

9909rick

I guess I know that, but I can't find any iPod backups on my Mac. Where should they be? Or what should I be looking under? I've tried searching iTunes and doing a search for "backup" but can't find anything.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Apps are synced. Right click on phone and transfer purchases.

5. 9909rick thread starter macrumors newbie

9909rick

Thank you! I can now locate my back-ups in my Mac's finder. But I can't open them on my Mac. I guess that's just how it is. I guess at least if something happens to crash my iPod or corrupt my data I can restore it, but it would be nice to be able to see my mileage data and export it to Excel without having to email it to myself. Anyway, thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's different. App settings are backed up. The backup is located in the MobileSync folder. You can extract the contents of the backup with iPhone Backup Extractor and look at the extracted fie with SQLite Database Browser. IDK about getting data for an app, since I've never done that, but this is the only way possible that I know of.