Backing up apps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hotnts, May 21, 2010.

1. hotnts macrumors member

I have read quite of few threads on here and i thought i understood how to properly backup my iphone but apparently i do not. I backed up my phone 2 days ago, right after i jailbroke it with spirit. A day or so after that my phone crashed and wouldn't boot up at all. I put it in dfu mode then hit restore, and backed up from the most recent date. I guess my question would be is that i thought itunes backs up all of my apps as well but it doesn't unless you sync them on your comp? I don't auto sync i put everything on myself because i like to download apps over the air because i travel a lot. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. hotnts thread starter macrumors member

can you sync apps to your computer if you download them over the air?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I always right click on the iPhone and choose transfer purchases to get my apps onto my computer.

4. hotnts thread starter macrumors member

what about music? Is the only way to get my apps back now to re download them?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since you didn’t get the apps or music transferred to your computer, the only thing you can do is redownload the apps. It will be free for that. However, the music is a problem, since they generally don’t let you redownload that. Contact Apple and explain the situation.