backing up apps

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by homrb, Aug 17, 2010.

1. homrb macrumors regular

Is there something to install that backs up information on my app store apps (ex: what level Im on in Angry Birds) separate from the itunes backup so if I want to restore my phone as a new phone then my app information can be restored? (and also text messages, but thats not as important)

2. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

Well, it may not have been updated in a long time but it still does the job fine. The OP wants a backup of his app store apps' settings. Chronus does that. As far as I know, that's not what PkgBackup is for.

4. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

Is there also a way (with JB or not) to backup text messages to a program and so if I want to restore as new then I can restore my text messages?

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah.....i forgot the name...right now..... something like iTones...or iTumes .... wait ....

Oh yeah... iTunes....:D:D:D

LOL, if you want to avoid itunes just back up the sms.db on var/Mobile/Library/SMS

6. homrb thread starter macrumors regular

the question was...if you had read the thread... is that If I had set it up as a NEW phone then could I get my texts back, which you cant through iTunes because then you would be backing up the entire old backup, which was not the thing I wanted to do. :)

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

IT was ..wait a minute.....what is it call??,,,,a JOKE!!!

..if you had read my post.... I told you how to backup the database manually so you can restore later,,,