Backing up Apps

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Greg M, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Greg M macrumors 6502

Is there any way to backup my official app store purchases? I've got one app that requires me to download lots of files (books to read offline) once it's installed on my iphone or ipad. Every now and then it mysteriously looses my books and I have to individually select and download them again over wifi.

I'd like to be able to make a backup that's stored on my computer so that when I have to reload them I could just do a restore from my most recent backup.

These are paid for books that are part of a free app so there isn't any piracy here.

I tried AppBackup but all it does is crash. I've also tried iFile but I can't get it to download directories. It seems like it can only download and upload individual files over wifi. It can copy directories to a flash drive but when I tried that I let it run for several hours and it still hadn't copied the whole directory so that's not a practical option.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Greg M thread starter macrumors 6502

No one else finds a need to backup directories from their iPad or knows a way to do it?