Backing up Calendar/Contacts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xyleisha, Dec 6, 2007.

1. xyleisha macrumors newbie

When I first got my iTouch, I used my PC. It was such a hassle figuring out how to sync it to my pics and contacts that I was practically banging my head against the walls lol. I played with it for a few days... added lots of people to my contacts and tried syncing again. All my contacts were erased.
    I then downloaded the upgrade for calendars but my iTouch crashed and had to be started over. So I used my iBook and it has worked like a charm.
    I would like to sync my files again but I'm under the impression that syncing is not the same thing as backing up?

I write my Bible reading for the day in the calendar. I have Micah-Habakkuk written so far so I'd be devastated if they were erased. I also take extensive notes during congregation meetings under the calendar as well as under Notes in Contacts when I'm in the Ministry and meet interested people (I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses).

How can I save all of my information in case my iTouch crashes?

Many thanks!

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

First: take the iBook as the core of the digital work, use the iPod touch on the go but sync all the infos back to the iBook. Then do a backup of your stuff on the iBook, e.g. to an external hard drive.

Inside iCal and inside Address Book, you can always make a safety copy or whatever that's called in English (second menu).