Backing Up Contacts To Gmail Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JB007TLD, Sep 20, 2011.

1. JB007TLD macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2009
    I wanted to backup my PHONE numbers to my gmail account... Went into itunes and synced with gmail no problem. Checked my gmail online, phone numbers were synced. Great. However, when I go to the contacts in my phone, I have hundreds of "Contacts" that were added that were pulled from my gmail account - I dont want these on here. I tried manually deleting but there are over 900 contacts... Im getting frustrated now, and there must be an easier way to do this. I dont want to screw it up any more than I already have so hopefully one of you can help me out! Is there another backup somewhere that I can go off of?

Also, once it gets strightend out... I did this because I wanted a "cloud" based backup of my phone numbers, just in case something happened to my phone or computer. That way I could have a copy and restore once I got a new phone/computer. Given my issues here, Im not entirely sure what the easiest way to get the numbers would be. Any assistance would be great. Also if it makes a difference Im using windows not a mac. Thanks a lot!
  2. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Oct 31, 2006
    Dark side of the monitor
    iDrive lite. Its free and works great. Just have to set up an account online and then download the app.