Backing up contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gatorac, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Gatorac macrumors member

So I know how to sync my iPhone to itunes, but I want another form of backup. I don't have outlook, and from what I understand unless I already have my contacts in google the google sync won't do me much good expect erase my contacts and import my e-mail contacts?... I only have my contacts in my iPhone and there about 400 of them. I've thought about apps like funambol and contacts sync but worry about allmy contacts just floating around somewhere with a company I know little about. I also understand that I can back the contacts up to my address book in windows, my question is if there is nothing on my windows address book will it have the same affect as google sync and erase my contacts on my phone if I sync to my address book? Can someone help me out here. I have searched around...

2. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

3. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

For my contacts I sync them with yahoo address book. I left Yahoo address book empty then synced it with iTunes and checked yahoo. It works perfectly. When I got my new iPhone I just synced it with iTunes and all 96 contacts that I had were back on my new phone.

4. Gatorac thread starter macrumors member

So I'm reading this correctly I can upload my from itunes before they all get deleted in the sync? But I still end up with annoying contact entries floating in my contact list only for emails that were in my new gmail account???

5. Gatorac thread starter macrumors member