Backing up dashboard...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jawzzy, Dec 12, 2007.

1. jawzzy macrumors regular

I have lots of stickies on my dashboard with lots of important info. Is there any way I can back these up? Would backing up my home folder be enough?

Also, I have an 80GB external HD and I have used about 100 GB of space on my MBP, would backing up just my home folder with Time Machine be OK? My home folder is only 66 GB, so that means more than just operating system files are being excluded. What isn't in my home folder that I might need to back up?

PS Getting a bigger HD is not an option. I'm a poor college student. :)

2. kevindosi macrumors regular

you could probably do that, but it would kinda defeat the awesomeness of time machine (allowing you to restore from old backups) because you'll run out of space on your external after a few days... so you'll pretty much only have a backup of the current state of your home folder. time machine does backup your dashboard, though.
    if you're able to save some money, i'd still recommend getting a bigger HD you can get a 120gb hard drive for around $50 if you look around (try ebay or newegg). you could put it on your christmas list, assuming you celebrate christmas ;)