backing up help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kenny1991, Sep 20, 2008.

1. kenny1991 macrumors newbie

hey there. i am selling my current iphone on ebay. and it is a 2g and i am going to buy a new 3g one. I want to completely clear the whole phone for the new person that is buying it, what is the best way to do that? Also I want to backup all my phone numbers, music, data etc. What is the most efficant way to back everything up so i can transfer it onto my new 3g model? btw i am a mac user. Thanks

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I did a restore and took out the SIM card on my v1 iPhone and made sure I did a back-up on it before the restore. Sold it on CL for $475, letting the new owner know that the SIM card did not come with the iPhone, and had already bought the 3G iPhone and transferred all my data, music, video, TV shows and podcasts from my Mac Pro in a matter of minutes when I activated my new iPhone...:cool:

3. kenny1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey its just last time i did a restore? it came up and said to me i needed to update or sum **** and i had to re jail break it?

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

OK, I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything in your original post about you iPhone being JB'd. I sold one on CL for $475 and one on EB for $400, and neither was JB'd, sorry I'm unable to help...:eek:

5. kenny1991 thread starter macrumors newbie

ahha ahh k well does anyone else got any idea how to do a restore on this phone? without me having to rejail break it?