Backing up individual movies from iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GtotheK, Apr 27, 2010.

1. GtotheK macrumors member

Hi Guys,
    Is there a way to back up individual movies/tv series in iTunes? I've ripped a lot of my dvds to itunes to watch on my iphone. My macbook HD is really starting to get full. Can I just do a TM backup, and then just delete whole tv series? And then, can I individually restore them from the TM backup? If so, how? Does this make sense? Thanks for your help!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, you can do that. Just open the TM HD and navigate to right backup and then you should be able to see your HD as it was back then, just go to Movies folder or wherever you ripped them to and transfer them back.

You could also use the ext HD as storage for them, rip them to there instead of your internal

3. GtotheK thread starter macrumors member

I rip the movies using Handbrake, so they are stored in iTunes. Will I be able to go into iTunes in TM and just restore a movie i want? Or will I have to restore the whole iTunes backup from that day? Do you get what I'm saying? I'm not sure if iTunes backs up a movie to the movie folder, etc.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Open Finder and go to user/Music/iTunes

There should be movies folder where all your movies should be. If not, replace the Music with Movies and check that folder