Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davenz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2008
I have a questions on regards to backing up my IPad. I have used about 45gb of my 64gm model, but when I go to iCloud it says my backup is only 362mb. How does this work? Would I be able to do a full restore from that iCloud backup?how do I know if I need to purchase more storage?

Thanks

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
iCloud doesn't back up things that Apple has on their servers anyway. This includes Apps, movies and music and anything you purchased from them. That mostly leaves settings, e-Mail, photos, and music and video not purchased through the iTunes store.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
iCloud doesn't back up things that Apple has on their servers anyway. This includes Apps, movies and music and anything you purchased from them. That mostly leaves settings, e-Mail, photos, and music and video not purchased through the iTunes store.

I don't think those get backed up, either. You have to sync them back from your computer after a restore. Oh, and pictures in the camra roll get backed up, but not pictures synced from a computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.