Backing up Iphone before jailbreak?

Thien425

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I was wondering if there was a way to backup everything on my Iphone before updating to the new iOS version. I currently have it jailbroken and I want to know if there is a way to save each and every setting like my apps, cydia apps and tweaks, my theme, wallpaper, ringtones, app icons, and basically everything else because it would be a pain to do it all one by one again. Whats the best way for me to do this? Thanks.

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
I was wondering if there was a way to backup everything on my Iphone before updating to the new iOS version. I currently have it jailbroken and I want to know if there is a way to save each and every setting like my apps, cydia apps and tweaks, my theme, wallpaper, ringtones, app icons, and basically everything else because it would be a pain to do it all one by one again. Whats the best way for me to do this? Thanks.
PKGBackup works, and there are a few others out there like it. To avoid any bugs, it's best to restore all of your tweaks manually, though. This way you can read the individual tweaks pages as you install them to make sure there are no compatibility issues with the new iOS.

Comment

Thien425

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
PKGBackup works, and there are a few others out there like it. To avoid any bugs, it's best to restore all of your tweaks manually, though. This way you can read the individual tweaks pages as you install them to make sure there are no compatibility issues with the new iOS.
How about things like my wallpaper, themes, ringtones, and app icons? Would I have to go through all that and do it one by one?

Comment

ZCherub

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
GA, USA
How about things like my wallpaper, themes, ringtones, and app icons? Would I have to go through all that and do it one by one?
Not with PKGbackup, but if you do it manually, then yes. You shouldn't have to purchase anything again, though. Cydia tracks your purchases - just install again.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.